This is the open call for participation from our partners at Southbank Centre. Join us!
Twenty-five years ago, Sir Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web and gave it to the world. To mark the anniversary of this turning point for humanity, we are creating the Web We Want Festival - a major new three-part event at Southbank Centre, which will be designed by YOU. Participate and join us!
WE NEED YOU
Inspired by the World Wide Web Foundation and working in partnership with the Foundation’s ‘Web We Want’ global campaign for a free, open and universal Web, the Web We Want Festival will be an extensive celebration of how the Web has changed our lives. It will also explore some of the things that threaten the web as we know it and what solutions there might be. Mirroring Tim Berners-Lee’s vision for the Web as a place for equality, we’re asking you - local and distant community groups, neighbours and strangers, techies and technophobes, old and young, urban and rural, with any level of Web-literacy - to create the content.
To do this, we are asking everybody to answer these five questions:
1. What Web projects have you encountered that leap borders or conventional approaches to change people's lives? #WebInspire
2. What do you think are the best examples of creativity and artistic imagination on the Web? #WebCreate
3. What examples of personal, corporate or government online action threatens the future of a free, open and universal Web? #OpenWeb
4. What aspects of the Web give you the greatest joy and the greatest worry? #WebJoy #WebWorry
5. What ideas, projects or schemes would you suggest we present at the festival to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Web? #MyWebIdea
You can answer these on social media or write to us at Web We Want Festival, Southbank Centre, Belvedere Road, London, SE1 8XX. The deadline for ideas for the September weekend is August 29 2014, but keep ideas coming until May 2015.
Twitter - https://twitter.com/webwewantfest #WebWeWantFest
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/SouthbankCentre
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/southbankcentre
Anyone can contribute, all contributions will be treated equally, and you can answer the questions as many times as you like and on behalf of other people, with their permission.
Email email@example.com with any questions.
Your content will come to life online and across three real life festival weekends at Southbank Centre - September 26-28 2014, November 28-30 2014 and May 29-31 2015 - curated by Southbank Centre and World Wide Web Foundation.
Please send this invitation to anyone you think might be interested in contributing.
We are looking forward to hearing from you, and seeing you for the first instalment of the Web We Want Festival in September.